Atlanta Passport Agency
To make an appointment at the Atlanta Passport Agency if you have not yet applied for a passport, follow these steps:
1. Visit our Online Passport Appointment System.
2. Provide information about your travel plans to check if you qualify for an appointment. You can schedule appointments for up to 7 members of your household.
3. Enter your email address. We will send you a code via email, which you need to enter to proceed with the appointment. If you don't see the code in your inbox, please check your junk or spam folder.
4. Enter your mobile phone number. We will send you an SMS text message with another code that you must enter to continue with the appointment.
5. Complete the appointment scheduling process and check your email for a confirmation message with the appointment details. Remember, the system will hold your appointment for 15 minutes. If you don't confirm within that time, you'll need to start the appointment process again.
6. If you need to cancel or modify your online appointment, click the link in the confirmation email. If you booked your appointment over the phone, forward the confirmation email to NPIC@state.gov with "Cancel my Appointment" in the subject line.
To make an appointment if you have already applied for a passport, follow these steps:
1. Call 1-877-487-2778 between 8:00 a.m. and 10:00 p.m. Eastern Time from Monday to Friday, or between 10:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m. on Saturdays and Sundays. Please note that our appointment line is closed on federal holidays.
2. If your travel is within the next 6 to 14 days, we will inform the agency processing your application about your travel date. If your travel is within 5 days, we will try to schedule an appointment for you.